Ms. Sumana Naik A. M.Pharma.Department of Pharmacy
She did post graduation in M.Pharma - Experimental Pharmacology, RGUHS, Bangalore.
Area of interest: Preclinical Testing.
Dr. Prabhu. BM M.Sc., M.Phil., PhDAssociate Professor
Department of Physiology
PhD (Neurophysiology) from NIMHANS,
He did postdoctoral work at neuroscience research lab, Arkansas State University, USA. He is been active in the field of Toxicology and behavioural study. He developed a novel technique in culturing superior cervical sympathetic neurons and dorsal root ganglia neurons of new born rat pups. He is the Author and Co-author for more than 9 papers at national and international journals.
- Prabhu B.M., Munirathinam S., Raju T.R., Meti B.L. and Bindu P.N. (1999) Alpha phenyl-N-tert butyl nitrone (PBN) protects rat cortical cultures from aluminium cytoxicity. NIMHANS Journal, Vol.17(1):3-9.
- Ravi S.M., Prabhu B.M., Raju T.R., and Bindu P.N. (2000) Long-term effects of postnatal aluminium exposure on acetylcholine esterase activity and biogenic amine neurotransmitter in rat brain. Indian J. Physiol. Pharmacol.,Vol. 44(4):473-478.
- E. Sreekumaran., T. Ramakrishna., T.R. Madhav., D.Anandh., B.M. Prabhu., S.Suleka., P.N. Bindu and T.R. Raju. (2003) Loss of dendritic connectivity in CA1, CA2 and CA3 neurons in hippocampus in rat under aluminium toxicity: Antidotal effect of pyridoxine. Brain Res. Bulletin, Vol.59 (6):421-427.
- Latha Devi, B. M Prabhu, Domenico F Galati, Narayan G Avadhani and Hindupur K Anandatheerthavarada (2006) Accumulation of Amyloid precursor protein in the mitochondrial import channels of human Alzheimer’s disease brain is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. Journal of Neuroscience, Vol. 26 (35) 9057-9068.
- K.N.Nanjappa, Md. Shalim, M.S. Harish, B.M. Prabhu, B.S. Shankaranarayana Rao and bindu M. Kutty (2007) Phamacological and Neurobiochemical Evidence for Antidepressant-like effect of Sumid – a Hebal Product in Animals. The Internet Journal of Nutrition and Wellness. Vol. 4
- Latha Devi, Vijayendran Raghavendran, B. M. Prabhu, Narayan G. Avadhani and Hindupur K. Anandatheerthavarada (2008) Mitochondrial Import and Accumulation of α-Synuclein Impairs complex I in Human Dopaminergic Neuronal Cultures and Parkinson’s disease Brain. Journal of Biochemistry Vol.283(14):9089-9100.
- B.M. Prabhu, Justin Yancey, Malathi Srivatsan, Jining Xie, Linfeng Chen, Phillip T. Hankins, Harhsoon Yoon and Vijay K. Varadan (2008) Nanomaterials for differentiation, Growth and Repair in the Nervous System. Proceedings of International Conference on Smart Materials Structures and Systems (ISSS) I14, P16.
- Malathi Srivatsan, B.M. Prabhu, Justin Yancey, Jining Xie, Linfeng Chen, Philip T. Hankins, Hargsoon Yoon, Vijay K. Varadan (2009) New materials for old problems: What can nanomaterials do for biology and neuroscience? S.P.I.E. Vol 7291: 729107-1-729107-7
- Prabhu, B.M., Ali, S. F., Hussain, S. M., Srivatsan, M. (2010) Copper nanoparticles exert size and concentration dependent toxicity on somatosensory neurons of rat. Nanotoxicology, 4:150-160.
- Maple syrup urine disease: An uncommon cause for Neonatal metabolic distress.
S.V. Suresh Babu, Rita Christopher, L. Nirmala., G.R. Rangaswamy., C.P. Narayan and K. Taranath Shetty.Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry,(1999), 14(2) 198-206.
- Hyperornithinaemia associated with gyrate atrophy of the choroids and retina: two cases from
India.Rita Christopher, S.V. Suresh Babu and K. Taranath Shetty. Ann Clin Biochem 1999; 36: 519 – 522.
- HPLC method for amino acids profile in biological fluids and inborn metabolic disorders of amino acidopathies. S. V. Suresh Babu, M.M. Shareef., A. Pavan Kumar Shetty and K. Taranath Shetty. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, (2002), 17(2) 7 - 26.
- Synthesis of a modified peptide fragment analog Val-Tyr (P)-Val-Ala-Ala-OH of cAMP protein kinase regulatory sub unit type II employing Fmoc chemistry. Kuramkote Shivanna Devaraju, Basanagoud S Patil, Subramanyam J Tantry, S V Suresh Babu, Taranath Shetty K, Vommina V Suresh Babu. Indian Journal of Chemistry Vol. 45B, July 2006, 1747-52.
- Antidepressent efficacy and hormonal effects of Sudhashrna Kriya Yoga (SKY) in alcohol
dependent individuals.Vedamurthachar, Nimmagadda Janakiramaiah, Jayaram M. Hegade, Taranath K. Shetty, D.K. Subbakrishna,S.V. Suresh Babu, B.N. Gangadhar. Journal of Affective Disorders, (2006) Aug; 94(1-3): 249-53.
- Plasma Adenosine Deaminase activity among HIV I clade C seropositive patients: Relation to
CD4 T-cell population and antiretroviral treatment.Seetharamaiah Chittiprol, P. Sathishchandra., Bhimasena Rao. R.S, G.R. Ranga Swamy., S. V. Suresh Babu,D. K. Subbakrishna., Anitha Desai., V. Ravi., K.S. Satish., K. Taranath Shetty. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2006Oct 13; 1704
- Optimum conditions of autoclaving for hydrolysis of proteins and urinary peptides of prolyl and hydroxyprolyl residues and HPLC analysis. Mallikarjun Badadani, S.V. Suresh Babu and K. Taranath Shetty. Journal of Chromatography B, 847 (2007) 267–274.
- Assay of Dinitrophenyl derivatization of imino acids, spectral characteristics and HPLC analysis: application in urinary peptide-derived hydroxyproline and proline assay. Mallikarjun Badadani, S.V. Suresh Babu and K Taranath Shetty. Ann Clin Biochem 2007; 44: 164–172.
- Metabolic status of magnesium and ceruloplasmin in Handigodu Joint Disease: A variety of
spondylo epi (meta) physeal dysplasia.Mallikarjun Badadani, K. Taranath Shetty, S.V. Suresh Babu, and S.S. Agarwal. Clinica Chimica Acta,(2008); 395(1-2) 170 – 171
- Peptide bound hypohydroxyprolinuria in Handigodu Disease: a familial syndrome of spondylo epi (meta) physeal dysplasia. Badadani, Mallikarjun, S.V. Suresh Babu, K.T. Shetty, S.S. Agarwal, Disease Markers, (2009); (27) 7 -12.
- Oxidative stress and neopterin abnormalities in schizophrenia: A longitudinal study.
Seetharamaiah Chittiprol, Ganesan Venkatasubramanian,* Narendran Neelakantachar, S.V. Suresh Babu,Naveen A. Reddy, K. Taranath Shetty, BangaloreN. Gangadhar. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 44(2010) 310–313
- A sensitive assay for ornithine amino transferase in rat brain mitochondria ninhydrin method. Award Paper. H Ravi Kumar, S Ananda, K S Devaraju, B M Prakash, S Sampath Kumar, S V Suresh Babu and H P Puttaraju, Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, (2010); 24(3) 275 – 279.
Dr. Suresh Babu SV M.Sc., ADCR, PhD
Ph.D. in Neurochemistry from NIMHANS
His area of interest in Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Conduct of clinical studies with investigational agents. He also involved in coordinating with the development of preclinical testing and clinical agreements with collaborators. He also supervises a staff that files and manages a diverse and extensive collection and implements collaborative research and development agreements for these investigational drugs or agents. Before coming to PADMASHREE Group of Institutions, Dr. Suresh Babu spent 13years in National Institute of mental Health and Neurosciences, DeemedUniversity, Department of Neurochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry unit, Bangalore. His area of interest is particularly in Neurological disorders, inherited neurometabolic disorders and proven expertise in analysis of amino acids by HPLC in biological fluids.Dr. Suresh Babu is an Author and Co-author for more than 12 papers at national and international journals.
Dr. N.S.N. Rao M.Sc., PhD
Department of Biostatistics
Dr. N.S.N.RAO, M.Sc, Ph.D., F.I.P.H.A., F.A.M.S. is presently Professor of Bio-Statistics at Padmashree Group of Institutions, Bangalore besides being Visiting Professor in various Medical Institutions at Bangalore. He has been teaching Research Methods to a vast number of students of Medical and Allied Health Sciences for over five decades, both in India and United Kingdom. He has been a visiting faculty at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, England.
He has provided guidance for various Research projects and also Technical Consultancy to a large number of WORLD BANK, DANIDA, UNICEF, FORD FOUNDATION, UNFPA, ICMR funded programmes in different States of India. He was the full time Team Leader of Technical Support Unit of United Nation’s Population fund at Delhi.
He has to his credit awards like Fellowship of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), Fellowship of the Indian Public Health Association, Visiting Professorship with Indo_British University Collaboration programme, Golden Jubilee Award from Indian Public Health Association.
His publications include a dozen Monographs, two text books, half a dozen Chapters in Monographs, 50 Technical reports and over 100 scientific publications in National and International journals.