1. A symposium on “Continual Improvement” was conducted in association with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences on 05th June , 2016 at Dhanvantri Hall, RGUHS, 4th T Block Jayanagar, Bangalore. In order to maintain competence in the light of the ever changing technological advances in the field of medicine, it becomes absolutely essential for the professionals to fine tune their knowledge.Topics discussed were-
- Pre-examination variables
- Risk identification, management and mitigation
- Analytical goals in the clinical laboratory
- ILQA results interpretation
- Common non-conformances in the clinical laboratory
2.“Phlebotomy best practices and preanalytical variables” on 13th Feb, 2016 at Padmashree Institute of MLT, Padmashree Campus, Kommaghatta, Kengeri.
The topic was “Pre Analytical Variables” which was dealt under following headings- Patient Identification, Patient Preparation, Selecting the Site, Site Preparation, Tourniquet Application and Time, Order of Draw for Multiple Tube Collections, Proper Tube Mixing, Correct Specimen Volume, Centrifugation, Proper Tube Handling, Trouble shooting, Specimen Processing, Healthcare Workers Safety Measures and Disease Etiology.
- Status of serum alkaline phosphatase in pre and post menopausal women.- Narayana. S
- Establishment of normal reference range for Vitamin- D in pre and post menopausal women.- Manasa. D. R. Sharma
- Comparative study of serum and urinary calcium and phosphorus ratio in pre and post menopausal women.- Ewanmihaka Pakma
- Status of urinary hydroxyprolin in post menopausal women. Lalrintlingi Sailo
- Assessment of serum Vitamin D level in post menopausal women.- Moffida Patweth
- Status of Total protein, albumin and urinary microalbumin in pre and post menopausal women.- Apurba Sarkar
- ESBL producing E.coli isolated from Urinary Tract Infection patients. Maitri Sharma
- Comparison of Red Blood Cell Indices with peripheral smear examination.- Silver Bell and Abhirami